This post links to books in Amazon’s affiliate program
One of the best parts of our job is the brilliant people we come into contact with. From influencers, online content creators, and sponsors. Not to mention the attendees that come to our events. But recently we asked a group of professional women what books they’ve been reading (or listening to) that have given them an edge up, or made an impact in one way or another. These are books every female entrepreneur should read.
A list of must-read books to kick off 2020 in the right direction.
To help with direction
Sometimes we just need a push in the right direction. Some of these books will tell you exactly how to stay on the right road, or tell you when it’s time to get off. Finding your direction can be hard. But these authors give us a solid understanding of what we should be doing.
- Boss Up!: This Ain’t Your Mama’s Business Book by Lindsay Moreno
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
- Social Media Success for Every Brand by Clair Diaz-Ortiz
- What Game are you Playing by Robin Moriarty
- Stories that Stick by Kindra Hall
On how to get it done
You can read 100 books on how to do this or that, and still not know what to do or how to do it. These authors share how they got it done each day. Sometimes things have to be directly in front of you to make changes to get things done.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Marc Manson
- Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World by Admiral William H. McRaven
- Work It: Secrets for Success from the Boldest Women in Business by Carrie Kerpen
- Eat that Frog by Brian Tracy
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
As a woman, I find power in other women who have achieved success. Hearing how they found thier path, figured out how to walk the walk, and have have never given up in the face of adversity. These women are inspiring to us and provide motivation to keep moving forward.
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- The Moment of Lift by Melinda Gates
- The Book of Gutsy Women by Hillary and Chelsea Clinton
Are you ready to get in the arena? Do you have a plan for the year ahead? What are you reading to find direction, motivation, or to be inspired?